Maximum prices for taxi services in the district of the capital city of Prague
- A ride in the district of the capital city of Prague 28 CZK/km
- Boarding fee 40 CZK (1.65 EUR)
- Waiting 6 CZK per 1 minute (0.25 EUR)
These prices can be raised within a year.
Prague taxi fare examples
- Airport -> Wenceslas Square 570 to 670 CZK
- Prague City Centrum Hotel -> Prague Castle 200 to 350 CZK
- Tophotel Praha -> City Centrum 300 to 380 CZK
- 10 min or 2km city centrum ride 90 to 120 CZK
Long distance taxi fare exaples
- Prague City – Karlovy Vary around 3400 CZK
- Prague City – Brno around 4800 CZK
- Prague Airport – Liberec around 3400 CZK
The maximum prices are valid for all vehicles offering taxi services in the district of Prague. The price for waiting includes waiting in a traffic jam (slow traffic) as well as waiting at the customer’s request. Fares outside of Prague are not limited (most taxi companies charge 25 CZK / 1 km).
Warning for Customers
Although the number of dishonest drivers has slightly fallen recently, taxi rip-offs remain an occasional problem, especially among drivers who congregate in tourist areas.
Each taxi has to be equipped with permanently installed roof lamp with the TAXI sign. The registration number, company name and the price list including the basic rate, kilometre rate and one-minute-waiting rate must be displayed on both front doors of the taxi. These prices must correspond with the prices set on the taximeters in the taxi. Customers are recommended to order a taxi with non-stop dispatching offices where the information on fares is available in advance. After the journey is completed, the driver is obliged to issue an orderly and fully filled receipt for the payment. The receipt has to be issued by the taximeter printer.
How can you recognize a disreputable taxi driver?
1. He does not respect the maximum charge of 28 CZK/km.
2. He does not have or does not want to provide contact with the operator.
3. He refuses to issue a receipt from the taxi meter.
4. He does not want to tell you his/her registration number.
Please beware that some taxi drivers at Old Town Square say that they can charge passengers up to 99 CZK per km (regulated price is 28 CZK) if the price is shown to the client. We strongly advise you not to hire any taxis from the Old Town Square ranks.